3D printing provides numerous possibilities and features which can assist both teachers and students in creating a nurturing and innovative learning experience inside the classroom. Most institutions are still adopting this technology, but the future prospects are very promising.
Benefits to Teachers:
- First of all, it can help the teacher to seize the interest of the students, in a new subject, such as while trying to explain a chemical bond.
- It can also help the teacher by providing a visual aid for concepts which are very hard to grasp otherwise.
- A teacher can also plan interesting and engaging classroom activities for students by simply printing out the required learning tools for hands-on experience in any field such as architecture, biology, medical, geography, chemistry etc.
Benefits to Students:
Students benefit the most from this new age technological tool. Students can use 3D printing to visualize almost anything that they would want to create and build, up and analyze it in the most efficient way.
- Students can fabricate their designs and test them in the real-time environment without much hassle.
- A 3-dimensional object or visual aid is much easier to understand and relate to than a 2D image or a design on a computer.
- It can be integrated with any of the fields that a student is interested in, such as arts, or architecture or mathematics, physics, astronomy.